While manufacturers that design pumps, fans, turbines and compressors are enjoying an increase in product demand, they’re also facing an increase in pricing and brand pressure, a changing cost-of-goods landscape, smaller and more nimble products and strong global competition. Leaders experienced in turbomachinery as well as those in tangential fields with little or no turbomachinery experience recognize the need to reduce the cost and time it takes to design better machines.
Our team recommends adding a simulation step in between simple analysis and physical experiment with Ansys CFX software to address this challenge.
We have extensive experience with the turbomachinery industry and Ansys CFX software, which delivers reliable and accurate solutions quickly across a wide range of CFD and multiphysics applications, and we know how to effectively transfer knowledge to engineers through training, support and consulting services.
Our team collaborates with expert turbomachinery companies as well as those in neighboring fields that need to use fluid power via turbomachinery but currently lack the inhouse skills. Our offerings include:
Expert Turbomachinery Companies
- System Level Analysis – Component level simulations do not represent reality. Expand your analysis from component level to system level and achieve CAD assembly accurate simulations that reflect all true-to-life features.
- Multiphysics – Include more physics models into the simulations to open new problem detection possibilities such as unsteady blade to blade interaction, conjugate heat transfer, acoustics, cavitation, blade flutter (FSI) or particulate tracking.
- Off-Design Performance – Many simpler codes struggle to achieve accuracy when simulating turbomachines at conditions other than where they were designed to operate. By incorporating more complex physics models, Ansys CFX handles these off-design cases appropriately.
Neighboring Technology Fields
- Proof of Concept – Prior to prototyping, a digital proof of concept can strengthen an offering and potentially help secure additional funding for continued development.
- Problem Detection – A visualization of the flow phenomenon and a detection of problem areas/root cause by a fluid simulation expert can be invaluable early in the design process.
- Baseline Comparison/Benefit Quantification – By completing a detailed simulation of both existing and proposed solutions, the benefits and performance gains can easily be quantified, establishing concrete ROI numbers and a variety of other metrics.