Whether weight restrictions in an avionics application or the extremely high reliability demands in telecomm, the need for more power in a smaller footprint is a driver behind all electronic technology advancements. Many of these technologies must survive in extreme ambients, or function properly at altitude, or generate sufficient cooling without the use of fans and yet still provide optimal system-level capability. Understanding the flow and thermal characteristics within these devices is imperative.
Our team of simulation specialists have years of experience in extracting the design insight from these types of applications to empower more creative design solutions, compress development cycles and get superior products to market faster with first-time quality and innovation.
Benefits of Rand Simulation Insight
- Defense / Military
- Telecomm / Networking
- Semiconductor Design / Mfg
- Solar loading
- Natural / Forced convection
- Component, Board, System-level
- Assessing performance effectiveness before tooling commitments
- Increasing energy efficiency and product reliability
- Optimizing performance-to-weight ratios of heat sinks
- Balancing overall performance with size, cost and aesthetics
- No flow/thermal expertise or software needed – We have it!
“IDP, now Rand SIM, was an invaluable extension to our team on a recent next-generation development project. As always, time was short and we were faced with very aggressive design objectives. From the beginning, their team was in lock step with our design intent and was able to provide the design insight, recommendations and component selection needed to mitigate derating the product at higher ambients and produce collateral to substantiate viability to our customers. We look forward to working with them again.”
Harrinder Sood – VP Engineering/Operations, 3eTI