When it comes to building ventilation, whether new construction or retrofits, it’s all about energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
Buildings currently represent 40% of all global energy consumption, so it’s no wonder there is such a push towards net-zero energy (NZEB) and LEED certified buildings and more sustainable design initiatives. Compounding the issue is rising energy costs and a growing global population spawning the need for more construction. Occupants expect a well-conditioned atmosphere when in a public building, so mitigating local thermal discomfort factors such as drafts, cyclic variations in operative temperature and radiant temperature asymmetry is yet another challenge in designing an effective ventilation system.
Our team of simulation specialists have years of experience partnering with MEP and architectural firms to uncover the flow, thermal and humidity insight required to push the boundaries of today’s ventilation strategies and produce more environmentally responsible designs that cater to the thermal comforts of their occupants.
- Natural Ventilation
- Forced Ventilation
- Thermal comfort
- Radiant Heating/Cooling
- Contaminant Migration
- Thermal Stratification
- Thermal Bridging
- Smoke Evacuation
- Stack Effects
- Wind/Wake Patterns
Benefits of Rand Simulation Insight
- Assessing ventilation effectiveness before construction
- Substantiating performance claims throughout the design process
- Identifying proper supply/return locations for optimal flow/thermal management
- Balancing equipment selection with performance, cost and aesthetics
- No flow/thermal expertise or software needed – We have it!