Ansys Discovery AIM
Ansys Discovery AIM seamlessly integrates design and simulation for all engineers, helping them to explore ideas and concepts in greater depth. Discovery AIM provides a single platform for simulation-driven product development. With guided workflows to promote best practices, you can take advantage of best-in-class Ansys solver technology to the fullest. Easy to learn and use, it offers unmatched versatility, speed and precision to optimize designs and take them to the next level. Whether performing thermal, electromagnetic, structural, fluid or various multiphysics combinations, Discovery AIM eliminates the need for any other simulation software for designers.
- An integrated tool that enables designers to create/modify geometry, analyze structural, fluids and electromagnetics effects and post process all within the same platform.
- Multiple powerful flagship physics solvers that are tied together in an easy to use interface
- Create process templates that automate the entire simulation workflow for easy repeatability and promotion of best practices
- Perfect for design engineers who need to run individual or multi-physics analysis for validation purposes but that don’t require the extra horsepower of the Ansys flagship solvers
Discovery AIM Benefits
Guided Simulation Workflows
Discovery AIM’s guided simulation workflows and intuitive user interface significantly reduce simulation setup and execution. Focus on engineering while the templates guide you through the simulation process and automate routine steps. Spend more time producing and less time learning and relearning.
Accurate Simulation Technology
Discovery AIM uses the same solvers found in flagship Ansys products. This technology delivers the most accurate and reliable simulations, from setup of the model to physics and meshing solutions.
You can implement your best practices and tailor your simulation processes to ensure accuracy and consistency with Discovery AIM. Use custom physics loads and objects to match the simulation definition to your specific task. Create a user-defined template with any simulation and replay it on any model.
Discovery AIM Features
- Perform fluid simulations, like reducing pressure drop, calculating lift and drag coefficients, evaluating fluid loads and predicting flow behavior
- Analyze static deflections and stresses for complex parts and assemblies, which may include nonlinear contact, structural joints and large deflections
- Determine natural frequencies and vibration characteristics of a product to understand product longevity and durability
- Simulate static magnetic fields and current conduction to evaluate the electromagnetic performance of your designs
- Reduce trial-and-error iterations and quickly troubleshoot unexpected problems when simulating polymer extrusion processes and evaluating die designs
- Ensure proper design performance within an expected temperature range by accurately simulating thermal performance
Discovery AIM is included, along with Discovery Live and Discovery SpaceClaim, in the Ultimate bundle. Choose our most-comprehensive suite of products to simulate advanced engineering problems via Ansys flagship solver technology and guided workflows.